When nerve damage interferes with the functioning of the peripheral nervous system (PNS), Neuropathy occurs. Idiopathic Neuropathy is a condition in which the cause can’t be determined. Types of Neuropathy include Peripheral Neuropathy, Cranial Neuropathy, Autonomic Neuropathy, Focal Neuropathy. Nerve damaging disorders associated with Diabetes Mellitus in children are Diabetic Neuropathies. Hereditary Neuropathies is a condition in which a group of inherited disorders affects the Peripheral Nervous System (PNS). Medical treatment includes physical therapy and if needed, pain medication. Orthopedic surgery may be needed to correct severe foot or other skeletal deformities. Bracing may also be used to improve mobility.
- Track 1-1 Peripheral Neuropathy
- Track 2-2 Diabetic Neuropathy in children
- Track 3-3 Idiopathic Polyneuropathy
- Track 4-4 Autonomic Neuropathies
- Track 5-5 Neuropathies associated with Hereditary Disorders